2d graphics fundamentals
This short course covers basics of 2D-art and tools needed to start your education and career in computer graphics. You’ll go through Adobe Photoshop fundamentals and learn how to use brushes, layers and some other tools that professional concept artists use.
50/50 THEORY & PRACTICEAll we learn by practice. This course contains not only theoretical lessons but tasks to practice your skills too. It is not complex at all but you will learn basic tools used in real work.
CONDENSED KNOWLEDGEEvery lesson is a result of mindful approach to education. You get short lessons divided by specific topics.
COMMUNICATION WITH OTHER STUDENTSOnce you sign up to the platform, you get invite to live chat for everybody like you. Our mentor gets into this chat sometimes too.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D graphics.
- The role of the artist concept in the pipeline.
- Raster and vector graphics.
- Basic color models, color depth.
- Introducing Photoshop.
- Interface, navigation, basic tools, layers and text.
- The conception of color and light.
- Color, saturation, lightness.
- Basic color schemes, harmony of color.
- Work with brushes, creating brushes.
- Work with filters and blending modes.
- Types of masking and their application in practice.
You will need this stuff for best experience in practice:
01Adobe Photoshop installed.
02Any graphics tablet is recommended but not necessary.